PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Hello from England (fishing info and news)

Jonnyjonny_uk
09.06.2007, 00:16
Hi,

My apologies for posting in English but im still in early stages of learning Russian.

I moved here from England last August and was a very keen match fisherman there. Pole, waggler, feeder and stick float.

This weekend will be my first time fishing here with some very different fishing gear from what I was used to in England:) The dacha is right near the Moscow canal at Kanalstroy so lets hope im in for some fish!!

Hope to post in Russian soon:)

Jonny

Матрос
09.06.2007, 00:27
Kind night. You here too can catch as at yourself in England. Visit in Litvinovo. You will not regret. I am sorry for English, I in general studied German, for a long time.

Матрос
09.06.2007, 00:44
Ship canal very heavy reservoir for fishing. In England such reservoirs are not present. The big depth and strong current, to the left, to the right. But it is a lot of large fish. Slava.

Jonnyjonny_uk
09.06.2007, 00:49
I agree, on first seeing the canal I was amazed at the size. Also the size of the ships on the canal proves the depth must be huge. Does the canal always flow or is it sometimes still?

Матрос
09.06.2007, 00:56
Depth more than 35 ft. Current from strong up to a full stop. Width of 250-300 ft. Flat floats Cralusso or similar are necessarily necessary. Bremes loves a motionless bait.

Jonnyjonny_uk
09.06.2007, 01:05
I guess the bottom can be very snaggy, rocky? Is it usual baits for the bream? worm, maggot, caster, groundbait.

Матрос
09.06.2007, 01:11
Maggot and a germ of a mosquito, on Russian мотыль, I do not know as correctly on English. Or their combination.

Rem
09.06.2007, 01:15
мотыль = mosquito grub

Jonnyjonny_uk
09.06.2007, 01:17
Thanks for your help. I have limited fishing gear right now so can only fish the waggler but im sure its possible to catch some roach up in the water at least with maggot. I will let you know how I do!!

Матрос
09.06.2007, 01:18
Вот это.

Jonnyjonny_uk
09.06.2007, 01:51
That looks like bloodworm.

Игорь М
09.06.2007, 13:22
The best place for baits shopping is "Ptichiy rynok". It's part of open air market "Sadovod". Bloodworm price is about 10 EUR/kg.
Best price is 6EUR/kg only Sat. from 5.00am to 8.00am but not every Sat.

RainBow
09.06.2007, 13:34
[QUOTE="Jonnyjonny_uk"]Where is the best place to get the bloodworm and joker and how much does it cost per kilo?

Thanks

Tacke shop taganskoye metor
give them a call 9155758

Jonnyjonny_uk
09.06.2007, 13:51
Tacke shop taganskoye metor
give them a call 9155758

Is it just as cheap at this tackle shop and good quality?

Thanks

oleg_s
09.06.2007, 14:02
It is shop in the center of Moscow, almost always there is Bloodworm, also you can buy there lines, hooks, floats, but there are not present POLES and Seatbox,and tackles for competitions

RainBow
09.06.2007, 14:03
Is it just as cheap at this tackle shop and good quality? Its not the cheapest place
but it is centraly located easy to reach
bloodworm- 500-600 rub per kilo ( you need just 50-100 gramm)
joker 400r per kilo

Jonnyjonny_uk
09.06.2007, 14:12
It is shop in the center of Moscow, almost always there is Bloodworm, also you can buy there lines, hooks, floats, but there are not present POLES and Seatbox,and tackles for competitions

Thanks,

Im in Perovo so that is very convenient for me to get terminal tackle:)

Jonnyjonny_uk
09.06.2007, 14:13
Its not the cheapest place
but it is centraly located easy to reach
bloodworm- 500-600 rub per kilo ( you need just 50-100 gramm)
joker 400r per kilo

It is much cheaper than England by a long way. Thats right, I dont need much for one session.

Great info:) Thanks.

Jonnyjonny_uk
09.06.2007, 14:20
it can be 2-3 times cheaper on Ptichiy Rinok- but not ease to get to it!
Good luke and share us your first expirines in Russian fishing.
(ps not forget to give me a call)

I will share my first experience with you for sure. As I have said before im really just using very basic tackle right now as poles etc are still in England which is why I will only have waggler rod but im still looking forward to wetting the line again and hopefully having tight lines in Russia:)

I will call once im back from the dacha in the middle of next week.

Thanks

Jonny

carp
09.06.2007, 16:03
Да обретет матчфишинг международный статус,да прославится руссакая рыбалка на весь мир...forever ..

Jonnyjonny_uk
09.06.2007, 16:09
:)
Yes, it is bloodmorm.
And it's good idea to add jokers to groundbite.
Be careful with loosfeeding and fishing up in the water with maggot. There is a lot of bleak in our venues.

Yes I fished with bloodworm and joker in national competitions for roach and silver bream. I know the mix for getting jokers to the bottom, I use a 50/50 mix of Sensas dark damp leam and Sensas Super Canal Black when the canal is clear.

What mixes do you use here on the canal for getting your joker on the bottom considering the depth and flow of the canal?

Begemoth
09.06.2007, 16:25
There is no nessesary to use a lot of blood worms for fish feeding in summer. It's more acceptable in spring when water is cold. You need only several tens gramms of blood worms for bait, but be careful - blood worms cannot live in high temperature, use termos tackle and don't stay blood worms under direct sunlight.

Great thanks to all British people for feeder rod invention!

Begemoth
09.06.2007, 16:51
its not corect
if you are willing to go for bream- maximum joker is only plus!

if you are going to go for bream - correct

In my opinion - it's expensive to use joker. But if your income is enought to do it - do it!

RainBow
09.06.2007, 16:54
What mixes do you use here on the canal for getting your joker on the bottom considering the depth and flow of the canalrigth mix would be Sensas Bream, Fond, Milo Vip river, Balabeni Canal
Terre de river.
Some times mix can be created from Sensasd Roach+ Etang(lake)+ terre de somma
It depends what you want to atchved and what fish is you focus.
bth with wagler- its better to go to Moscovskoye More- 30 k away from you dacha- depth up to 15 m.

Jonnyjonny_uk
09.06.2007, 17:43
Great thanks to all British people for feeder rod invention!

I agree it has got me out of trouble in many matches:) I still much prefer to use pole or waggler though!!!

Матрос
09.06.2007, 17:46
Jonni, I warned you, that Moscow canal very uneasy place for fishing. The big depth and strong current. In some places travel is possible only on the automobile of the raised passableness. And a fish at us here as against England wild.:D ;) :p

Jonnyjonny_uk
09.06.2007, 17:58
Jonni, I warned you, that Moscow canal very uneasy place for fishing. The big depth and strong current. In some places travel is possible only on the automobile of the raised passableness. And a fish at us here as against England wild.:D ;) :p

I understand it will be a difficult water to fish and thanks for the warning but I am just looking forward to fishing again because I havent been now for a year. I will be on two legs so it shouldnt be a problem getting there. I have caught many wild fish since I have been fishing but lost more:p

Матрос
09.06.2007, 18:08
Good luck.

Jonnyjonny_uk
13.06.2007, 01:52
Good luck.

I needed more than good luck im afraid!!! Unfortunately I couldnt get any maggots or bloodworm in time for the fishing trip and could only find some pearl barley, sweetcorn and worms, not the bait I would normally take to the canal. I only managed to pick up a few perch on the waggler on the inside. Now I realise the waggler is not a method for a canal that is so deep and flows so different during the day. One time it was flowing fast to the left and next to the right. More control over the float and was deffinetly needed.

Unfortunately I havent any transport yet so the places I can fish are limted and the tackle I can take so if anybody knows of venues close to Perovo accessible by public transport and the trusty feet that would be great.

I hope everyone else had a better weekend fishing:)

Jonny

RainBow
14.06.2007, 12:27
I needed more than good luck im afraid!!! Unfortunately I couldnt get any maggots or bloodworm in time for the fishing trip and could only find some pearl barley, sweetcorn and worms, not the bait I would normally take to the canal.You will need bloodworm, maggots, pinkies for the canal- not worms!

Now I realise the waggler is not a method for a canal that is so deep and flows so different during the day
one of the solution can be feeder< but pole is the best method for the canal

Unfortunately I havent any transport yet
Give me a call- we will solve this problem

tackle I can take so if anybody
give me a call- its not the bigest problem
at least feeder is totaly free) I will never use it til winter time
I has some extra poles, whips, match rods - we will solve the problem

Jonnyjonny_uk
14.06.2007, 13:41
Thanks very much for all your kind help:)

Rainbow, thanks for the offer of tackle and arranging transport, thats really appreciated. I havent called yet because im busy with a redecoration and work, combined with visits to the dacha at the weekend. When im in the position to be able to visit some other venues I will give you a call and we can arrange something:)

What would you say is the closest place to Perovo to pick up baits like maggot and pinkie? Also do you use squatt in the groundbait on the canal for the silver bream?

Thanks once again for the great help and advice from everyone and I look forward to meeting some of you soon!!!

Maxim
14.06.2007, 14:31
Давай,но такие проблемы есть у 90% рыболовов.

эт точно. Обратное впечатление обычно складывается из-за не нормированного общения с импортными людьми, происходящее как правило по работе. На работе окружение такое же как и ты сам и если в практике есть частое общение с партнерами на ин. языке, то создается впечателние, что "...да вааще все говорят вокруг..."
Возвращение на землю может произойти на любом импортном курорте :), где наши соответственники, потратив немерянно времени на осовение языка в школе, а некотороые и в институте, активно размахивают руками заказывая пиво с креветками ;) .
Так что Юра, боюсь ты находишься в плену предубеждений.

Ps под "говорить на языке", кстати, у всех есть то же разное, свое, весьма самобытное понимаение. Так что опрос тут не поможет ;)

RainBow
14.06.2007, 14:50
Возвращение на землю может произойти на любом импортном курорте , где наши соответственники, потратив немерянно времени на осовение языка в школе, а некотороые и в институте, активно размахивают руками заказывая пиво с креветками
к счастью я с такими на курорты не езжу.... Да вооще стараюсь с рускими не ездить отдыхать...

Обратное впечатление обычно складывается из-за не нормированного общения с импортными людьми, происходящее как правило по работе. На работе окружение такое же как и ты сам и если в практике есть частое общение с партнерами на ин. языке, то создается впечателние, что "...да вааще все говорят вокруг..."
про работы я не говорю- там это было обязательно.
Но весь круг общения- компьютерный бизнес худо будно говорит.
главное не бояться.
з.ы ну не понимаете.. ну не ходите в эту тему..:D :p :D
надо ж человеку спокойно говорить хоть в одной теме...- я про Джони.

VOVA
14.06.2007, 14:55
Так что Юра, боюсь ты находишься в плену предубеждений.

Ps под "говорить на языке", кстати, у всех есть то же разное, свое, весьма самобытное понимаение. Так что опрос тут не поможет ;)У меня, например проблем нет. Просто надо себя заставить один раз, впрочем для этого должен быть стимул:p .
Jonnyjonny_uk, please notice that Rainbow has misleaded you a little about canal fishing at this time of year. It is not simple to catch bream on canal now even for the expirienced fisherman (I mean expirienced for that place).
If you try to torture Rainbow (put him on the rack)))) he probably tell you what you have to do... But it would be better if he shows you how and what.
When you are going to the chanal again plese let me know - if I am able I will joint you.

Dmitry_Daddy
14.06.2007, 14:58
When you are going to the chanal again plese let me know - if I am able I will joint you.
Vova, joint me please! Once upon a time, at least...

RainBow
14.06.2007, 15:00
It is not simple to catch bream on canal now even for the expirienced fisherman (I mean expirienced for that place).
Its not 100% correct
If you are speaking about bream- yes its correct
but scimer(I think spelling is not correct)- there is plenty of it
In Dubna 5-7 kilos per 3 hour is nornal now 150-300 grams- KanalStroy not too far from dubna

RainBow
14.06.2007, 15:03
he probably tell you
not just probaly... for sure)

Алекс Ник
14.06.2007, 16:52
да я уже оставил ему свои координаты
не звонит

И не позвонит - менталитет такой .
Надо приглашать чуть ли не официально ...

Jonnyjonny_uk
14.06.2007, 22:27
Jonnyjonny_uk, please notice that Rainbow has misleaded you a little about canal fishing at this time of year. It is not simple to catch bream on canal now even for the expirienced fisherman (I mean expirienced for that place).
If you try to torture Rainbow (put him on the rack)))) he probably tell you what you have to do... But it would be better if he shows you how and what.

I dont think im ready to torture Rainbow just yet as I need his advice:D Maybe when he beats me in a match I will do that:D

I shall be at the canal next weekend and most weekends after that as thats where the dacha is. The part of the canal I was fishing was very close to train station 75km and a main road bridge crosses here also. Not sure of the actual name of this place though.

Jonnyjonny_uk
14.06.2007, 22:29
Vova, joint me please! Once upon a time, at least...

Maybe we could all go to the canal when im there? Then everyone is happy!!!

Jonnyjonny_uk
14.06.2007, 22:44
I'll be in dubna on sunday
if you want I can make a stop to speak)

It would be great to meet and have a chat:) Unfortunately not this Sunday but next which is the 24th June. Which Sunday will you be there?

Jonnyjonny_uk
19.06.2007, 19:07
Could anybody tell me what the quality of bloodworm is like at the tackle shop at Taganskaya please?

RainBow
19.06.2007, 19:13
Could anybody tell me what the quality of bloodworm is like at the tackle shop at Taganskaya please?
Most of the time- good
but now is not the best time for bloodworm- so- It can be not so good

Матрос
19.06.2007, 19:14

In this shop as a rule always bloodworm high quality.

RainBow
19.06.2007, 19:17
Most of the time- good
btw- the is 2 takle shop in one square so you can chose which is better
phone number of the shop 915-5758

Jonnyjonny_uk
19.06.2007, 22:17
Thanks for the info. Will it be best to phone and order it if I want to pick it up Thursday?

Rainbow, how did you do at the weekend?

RainBow
19.06.2007, 22:30
Rainbow, how did you do at the weekend?
As I said- I'll be in Yaroslavl- it 250 km away from Moscow- it would be a great match
For you info- some fotos and reports from the venue last years
2007 (http://www.matchfishing.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=9593)
2006 (http://www.matchfishing.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=7005)
2005 (http://www.matchfishing.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=5031)
2004 (http://www.matchfishing.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=3219)

Thanks for the info. Will it be best to phone and order it if I want to pick it up Thursday?
this is not working in Russia
You may check(call them)- do they realy has a bloodworm now and then you has to go by your owmt to the shop to tale you bait.

Jonnyjonny_uk
19.06.2007, 22:44
As I said- I'll be in Yaroslavl- it 250 km away from Moscow- it would be a great match
For you info- some fotos and reports from the venue last years
2007 (http://www.matchfishing.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=9593)
2006 (http://www.matchfishing.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=7005)
2005 (http://www.matchfishing.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=5031)
2004 (http://www.matchfishing.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=3219)

this is not working in Russia
You may check(call them)- do they realy has a bloodworm now and then you has to go by your owmt to the shop to tale you bait.

Thats a lot of travelling for a match but I too used to travel anything up to 3 hours for some matches. From the reports it looks like it will be good fishing. Good luck in the match.

I was asking how your fishing went this weekend at Dubna?

I was in the tackleshop last week and they has some bloodworm on the counter so I will call them and see if they still have any.

I heard from my father this week and he is off for a weeks fishing at a big commercial carp venue called whiteacres where lots of the top UK anglers fish matches. Here is the link to have a look http://www.news-reel.com/html/ourparks/ourparks_lakesguide.htm Im sure he will have a great time:)

Jonnyjonny_uk
20.06.2007, 00:07
Its very close- not too far.
as an example- Russia championship was in Rostov- 1100 km away from Moscpw
and there woulds be a matcjh in sant Peterburg on 2-nd of Jule- around 700 km away from Moscow

Only fisherman fishing in the top level would travel distances like this. What level are you fishing? Are any members of the forum part of your national squad?

For sure! But Comercial match fishing is not VERY popular in russia
I hope soon you will se more info about our matches and joint as- show the diferance between Russa and Uk stile of Fishing

I also dont like fishing commercial waters but unfortunately they have started to take over in England and if you want to fish the match circuit then you have to fish these carp aquariums!!!!

I can see from the photos of Yaroslavl its so different to English venues. It looks more like fishing the sea:) I look forward to the different challenges Russia has to offer.

RainBow
20.06.2007, 07:48
Are any members of the forum part of your national squad?
Look her is russian rating-
Curent position is the result for the last 12 mont ALL open matches in Russia that has more then 20 anglers
Second colunm is a nick name on this forum
some ot the top's read forum but not write in it.

can see from the photos of Yaroslavl its so different to English venues. It looks more like fishing the sea I look forward to the different challenges Russia has to offer
Well? Is a Volga river- not the largest part of it
It depend from time to time it can be still water and it can be curent with a flow up to 8 grams flat float
Just for information- this is also Volga river( part called Gorkovskoye Sea (http://www.matchfishing.ru/forum/showpost.php?p=212173&postcount=2))- width is up to 4-5 km
espeasily this picture (http://www.matchfishing.ru/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19360&d=1180982310)

Tanya
20.06.2007, 10:26
Look her is russian rating (http://matchfishing.ru/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19804&d=1182154451)-

Jonnyjonny_uk
20.06.2007, 14:19

He just forgot to add the list but I have been sent it now:)

Jonnyjonny_uk
22.06.2007, 14:23
Ok as you know us English anglers dont have the best knowledge about the use of bloodworm apart from the top anglers like are national squad and the elite club anglers who use it regularly but I only used it a few times on National competitions where the rules and venues allow so my question is what is the best way of transporting it to the venue? I heard so many times damp newspaper but maybe you have other tips? Also how to store it at home?

Thanks

Jonny

Потап
22.06.2007, 15:52
Ok as you know us English anglers dont have the best knowledge about the use of bloodworm apart from the top anglers like are national squad and the elite club anglers who use it regularly but I only used it a few times on National competitions where the rules and venues allow so my question is what is the best way of transporting it to the venue? I heard so many times damp newspaper but maybe you have other tips? Also how to store it at home?

Thanks

Jonny
Other baits on a hook for fishing too should not be ignored.

Sana
22.06.2007, 15:53
I heard so many times damp newspaper Yes, it's really the best way to keep bloodworms, but it works good with big quantityes (200g+).

How to…

take three sheets of newspaper
wet middle sheet properly (the both sides)
cover weted paper by dry sheet
spread your bloodworms (1-1.5cm layer)
cover bloodworms by sides of newspaper and make a package

Try to avoid direct contact of bloodworms with colored pages. Use for contact sheet only BW pages.

Jonnyjonny_uk
22.06.2007, 16:02
Other baits on a hook for fishing too should not be ignored.

I understand there are many other baits but because bloodworm and joker were so expensive in England compared to here and not used as much I want to practise with them. Also it is a very good bait as we know and when all else fails you can catch on it if the fish are in the swim of course.

Jonnyjonny_uk
22.06.2007, 16:03
Yes, it's really the best way to keep bloodworms, but it works good with big quantityes (200g+).

How to…

take three sheets of newspaper
wet middle sheet properly (the both sides)
cover weted paper by dry sheet
spread your bloodworms (1-1.5cm layer)
cover bloodworms by sides of newspaper and make a package

Try to avoid direct contact of bloodworms with colored pages. Use for contact sheet only BW pages.

Thanks very much Sana.

Great post and very informative.

This is how they were supplied by the tackle shop at Taganskaya and I will be travelling tonight and fishing tomorrow so hopefully they will keep ok.

Jonnyjonny_uk
22.06.2007, 16:17
Try to keep it in cool place, the best idea — thermo bag or refrigerator, first of all avoid direct sun rays.

Yes I have got a thermo bag with ice blocks in so will transport them in that. Once fishing I shall take out hookers and store in a little water to just cover them.

Потап
22.06.2007, 16:22
In the car and storages on long fishings it is possible to apply the refrigerating container working from the storage battery

Потап
22.06.2007, 16:29
I understand there are many other baits but because bloodworm and joker were so expensive in England compared to here and not used as much I want to practise with them. Also it is a very good bait as we know and when all else fails you can catch on it if the fish are in the swim of course.
It is valid so, but not each time. And the size of a fish can be different.

ST@Y
24.06.2007, 20:09

admin, replace to FAQ this picture